All of the products Michael’s Finer Meats
and Seafoods sells to consumers are vacuum-sealed and blast-frozen
to lock in flavor and preserve freshness. Your shipment should arrive
frozen; as long as it is cold to the touch, it is wholesome.
Use it or freeze it. No matter the
quality of meat or seafood, it will spoil if it sits too long in
your refrigerator. It will last longer once it has been prepared,
but cooked meats also have a limit on freshness. Our advice is simple:
Use it fast or keep it frozen for later preparation.
- Keep meats in their original Michael’s packaging until
you are ready to prepare them. The vacuum-sealed package is designed
for frozen storage.
- We do not recommend re-freezing thawed product. Prepare and
enjoy it once it is thawed.
- We do not recommend freezing prepared products. Refrigerate
leftovers promptly and consume them as soon as possible.
Thaw with care. Michael’s retail
meats are vacuum-sealed and blast-frozen to arrive wholesome and
fresh. But as the meat thaws from its frozen to a raw state, it
can become vulnerable to bacterial contamination if not properly
- Remove meats from the freezer a day before you plan to serve
them, and thaw 23 hours in the refrigerator.
- Never thaw meats at room temperature or under hot water.
- We also advise against thawing meats in the microwave, a process
that can affect the tenderness and flavor or our meats.
The finest chefs - restaurant or at home - rely on Michael’s
Finer Meats & Seafoods for flavorful meats that win
raves from guests.
Bringing out the best in your Michael’s beef.
Michael’s prime beef is aged for at least 21 days, and hand-trimmed
by our experienced butchers. Cooking times will vary based on the
cut or size.
- Michael’s beautifully marbled prime steaks and chops are
great for grilling out or cooking in. They sizzle up tender and
juicy, but because they are closely trimmed, avoid over-cooking.
- Sprinkle on Michael’s Steak Dust Seasoning - a special
blend of seasonings and spices - for an extra spark of flavor.
Fine meals fast with marinated chicken breasts.
Available in mouth-watering lemon-pepper or Italian flavors, our
5-6 oz. marinated, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are sold in
- Thaw the chicken breasts you intend to use for your meal, and
keep the rest of your package frozen for later use.
- Our marinated chicken breasts can be sautéed, broiled,
roasted or grilled, and served with your favorite side-dishes
for restaurant-quality dining at home.
- Refrigerate leftover chicken promptly and slice chilled for
use in salads or sandwiches.
Visit our gift boxes and home
dining shopping pages to purchase Michael’s steaks, chops,
marinated chicken and seasonings to give or to enjoy at home.